The Gilmer Christian Learning Center is not affiliated with a denomination and is supported by local churches of various denominations and theological traditions. However, we are an evangelical Christian ministry. If you aren’t sure what we mean by that, some good reference points would be
1. The Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is the inspired Word of God without error in the original manuscripts.
2. God is the only true living God, existing eternally as three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. These three are one God, having the same divine attributes.
3. Man, originally created in the image of God, fell through sin into spiritual death. This death has been transmitted to the entire human race, with Jesus as the only exception.
4. Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, came into the world to redeem it from sin. Virgin born and sinless, He died on the cross to take away the penalty of our sin, after which he arose from the dead and ascended into heaven. He will return to judge the living and the dead.
5. All men are lost until saved by faith in the finished work on the cross of the Lord Jesus Christ.